NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE METRO AREAS OF ATLANTA, GEORGIA; ALBANY, NEW YORK; BURLINGTON, VERMONT; CHATTANOOGA, TENNESSEE; HOUSTON, TEXAS; MADISON, WISCONSIN; MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN; NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE; KANSAS CITY, KANSAS; HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT; AND ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THESE METRO AREAS AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT. GRAND PRIZE WINNER MUST BE PRESENT FOR PRIZE FULFILLMENT
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Ferris Regional Father’s Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Sweepstakes is valid only in the metro areas listed above. Employees, contractors, dealers, directors and officers of Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group, LLC (“Sponsor”), Briggs & Stratton Corporation, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins March 28, 2016 at 8:00AM EST and ends May 31, 2016 at 5:00PM EST. The sponser’s clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Visit a participating Briggs & Stratton dealer during the Promotion Period during normal business hours to complete and submit an entry form with all required information to earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. For a full list of participating dealers, visit www.ferrismowers.com/giveaway. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period.
4. ENTRANT'S PERSONAL INFORMATION: If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
5. DRAWING: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received, on or about June 1, 2016 by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
6. GRAND PRIZE NOTIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS: Potential prize winner will be notified by phone or email at Sponsor’s discretion on or about 6/10/16. If potential winner fails to respond to attempted notification within two (2) days, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, or a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or not returned within the required timeframe, prize may be forfeited. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Potential prize winner will be asked to complete, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within five (5) days or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
7. PRIZES/ODDS/FULFILLMENT: One (1) IS® 700Z. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $6,999. Following winner verification, prize will be presented to winner at the Briggs & Stratton dealership where winner placed his or her entry on June 17, 2016 or June, 18, 2016, as determined by Sponsor. WINNER MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE PRIZE. IF WINNER IS NOT PRESENT, PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED. WINNER MAY SELECT A REPRESENTATIVE TO RECEIVE PRIZE ON WINNER’S BEHALF. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Winner will receive an IRS 1099 form for the ARV of the prize. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of a prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details not specified herein are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By accepting a prize, each winner grants Sponsor and/or their designees the right to use his/her name, biographical information, testimonial, photo and/or likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for advertising, publicity, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries; errors that are typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes, who are in violation of these Official Rules, or who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes for any reason, including, but not limited to, should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, and, if terminated, at its discretion, randomly select the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Entrants may not use any device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, or from entrant's acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of a prize.
10. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Wisconsin law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
11. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: These Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
12. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
13. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners or copy of Official Rules, send your request to Ferris Regional Father’s Day Sweepstakes Winners List, Attn: Jennifer Loran, Briggs & Stratton Corporation, 5375 N. Main Street, Munnsville NY 13409. Requests must be received by June 30, 2016.
14. SPONSOR: Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group, LLC, 5375 N. Main Street, Munnsville, NY 13409
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. WINNER MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE PRIZE AT LOCAL DEALERSHIP ON 6/17/16 or 6/18/16. Open to US and DC, 18+. Sweepstakes begins 4/4/16 and ends 5/31/16. Void where prohibited. For Official Rules, including participating dealers/metro areas, odds and prize details, visit www.ferrismowers.com/giveaway.
Sponsor: Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group, LLC, 5375 N. Main Street, Munnsville, NY 13409