MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (October 18, 2017) – Landscape professionals who are looking for the benefits of a commercial-grade ZTR at an entry-level price can now turn to the new Ferris® 400S. In addition to adding this entry-level option to its Ferris brand of commercial mowing products, Briggs & Stratton Corporation is also releasing upgrades to the popular IS® 600Z; both new mowers will be on display at GIE+EXPO in Louisville, Kentucky, Oct. 18th to the 20th.
“At an entry level price point of $4,299, it’s an easy way for owner/operators to start and grow their landscape business,” said Dan Roche, Marketing Director – Commercial Products. “The 400S includes many of the attributes of our higher-end commercial offerings – ergonomic seats with armrests, commercial-grade spindle bearings, rear suspension and large fuel capacity – at a cost that won’t break the bank.”
The new Ferris 400S features an independent, large rear progressive coil-over-shock suspension that cannot be found on comparable models. When combined with performance features such as a large 48-inch mower deck, 20-inch drive tires and 10-inch caster tires, landscapers will enjoy an effortless ride while quickly tackling jobs at up to 8 mph. The Ferris 400S is powered by either a Briggs & Stratton® Commercial Series 23 gross horsepower1 /724cc engine or a Kawasaki® FR 21.5 horsepower2/651cc engine. The mower features a solid rod cable-less drive mechanism and 1-inch aluminum spindles, with greaseable commercial oversized double-row bearings, making the 400S a workhorse that increases control to deliver a quality cut time and again.
Additional features on the new Ferris 400S zero turn include:
- Hydro-Gear® ZT-2800®: The patented external oil filter for easy maintenance.
- Fabricated Steel / Tubular Bumper: Accepts a Ferris tow/hitch kit.
- Fuel Tank: A 5.5-gallon fuel tank allows operators to mow further before stopping to top off the tank.
The new Ferris 400S zero turn mower is backed by a 4-year limited warranty3 or 500 hours, whichever comes first.
“In addition to the new 400S, we have improved the popular IS 600Z mower to increase performance and operator comfort, while maintaining the superior cut quality that commercial landscapers demand from Ferris,” said Roche.
Updated features on the IS 600Z include:
- Expanded mowing deck: The addition of a 52-inch, flat-nosed commercial mowing deck provides professionals the versatility to select the best deck – 44-inch, 48-inch and 52-inch – for their unique cutting needs.
- Hydro-Gear® ZT-3200™: Durable 1.125-inch axle for heavier loads with standard shock valves for added system protection.
- Ergonomic seating: A new mid-back seat includes armrests and adjustable positioning for added comfort. Large springs mounted under the seat to provide additional support while mowing.
Landscape professionals can find their local dealer to schedule a demonstration of the new 400S or the improved IS 600Z zero turn mower, at www.ferrismowers.com.