MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (October 18, 2017) – Briggs & Stratton Corporation is expanding its commercial mower offerings with the new Ferris® SRS™ Z3X, on display during GIE+EXPO in Louisville, Kentucky, Oct. 18th to the 20th. The Soft Ride Stand-on (SRS) new Z3X mower is built to handle high mowing speeds in wide open areas on extreme terrain, while offering productivity-enhancing agility. The new Z3X’s lightweight design ensures faster starting and stopping, and has a centralized weight for quicker turning around tight corners.
“The Z3X is a high-performance mower commercial landscapers have come to expect from Ferris, and hits on all cylinders: power, productivity and durability,” said Dan Roche, Marketing Director – Commercial Products. “Operators will achieve a higher quality of cut because the mower deck is tied to a pivoting front axle and four radius rods, ensuring the mower deck follows ground contours.”
Suspended technology on the new Z3X means operators will enjoy a smoother ride while on the job. The SRS mower includes a standard-locking four-position speed control to help landscapers achieve a superior cut in a wide range of conditions, with either a 61-inch or 72-inch mower deck.
The Ferris SRS Z3X is available with either a 37-gross horsepower1/992cc Vanguard™ BIG BLOCK™ EFI engine with Oil Guard™ or a 29.5-gross horsepower2/852cc Kawasaki® FX850 EFI engine. The patent pending Oil Guard System exclusively from Vanguard saves contractors up to 60 percent on oil maintenance per unit, per season3. That means less labor costs, less technical skills and less tools needed to perform timely oil changes.
Additional features on the new SRS Z3X include:
- Pivoting Front Axle: The patent-pending pivoting front axle allows the deck to follow the front axle ensuring superior traction and comes with lifetime no maintenance for all moving parts.
- Durable Deck Drive: The 8-inch seamless idle pulley with oversize PEER® TurfXtreme™ bearings improve the life of the belt by delivering consistent tension during the drive.4
- Adjustable Operator Platform: The SRS Z3X offers five adjustable positions, which can be tuned in the field, to allow the operator to select the ride based upon operator weight, conditions or personal preference.
- Anti-Scalp Wheels: Large 5-inch wheels are made from High-Impact Polypropylene Copolymer are engineered to prevent damage to the turf and 13-inch flat-free caster tires ensure the operator won’t be changing a tire on the job.
- 24-Inch Rear-Drive Wheels: Larger wheels provide professionals with a smoother ride, better traction and easier curbing.
The new Ferris SRS Z3X is backed by a 4-year limited warranty5 or 500 hours, whichever comes first, and has an MSRP beginning at $9,999. The new SRS Z3X standup mower is available through Ferris dealers now. Landscape professionals looking to find their closest authorized Ferris dealer to schedule a demonstration of the new SRS Z3X should visit www.ferrismowers.com.