FERRIS ANNOUNCES NEW MODELS FEATURING BRIGGS & STRATTON COMMERCIAL TURF SERIES™ ENGINE
Milwaukee, Wis., (October 27, 2011)—Ferris is adding the new Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series™ engine to its lineup of IS® 3100Z, ®IS 2000Z and IS® 1500Z mid-mount zero turn mowers for model year 2012. Specifically designed for zero-turn mowers that get extended use in extreme conditions, it features a 5-Step Integrated Cyclonic Air Management System that provides ultimate dust and debris protection for extended engine life.
- The Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series engine features:
- Advanced debris management system—deflects debris away from engine and help prevent it from entering the air cleaner housing.
- Cyclonic air filter—provides the ultimate in debris management, has 2.5-times the service interval of a standard Briggs & Stratton V-Twin engine.
- Heavy-duty carburetor shaft seals—protect throttle and choke shaft in heavy debris environments.
- Aluminum intake manifold and cooler running cylinder heads—helps engine run cooler for longer life.
- High-output starter motor—for reliable cold starting under higher inertia loads
- Increased cylinder block structure—for improved durability.
- Sleeve bearing on PTO—for better side load capacity.
- Two-year limited commercial warranty.
“The commercial mowing environment is full of dust and debris,” says Bill Shea, Vice President of Commercial Mower Sales for the Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group. “Having an engine designed to operate under those conditions is a huge benefit in terms of engine performance.”
For more information regarding Ferris commercial mowers featuring the Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series engine, visit www.ferrismowers.com.
Ferris is a brand of the Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group. The Power Products Group is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden and turf care equipment through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Ferris® and Snapper Pro® brands. Briggs & Stratton Corporation is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on all seven continents.
For more information, contact:
Director of Dealer Channel Marketing
*All power levels are stated gross horsepower per SAE J1940 as rated by Briggs & Stratton.