Ferris equipment with EFI & ETC engines from Vanguard® are the ultimate in lawn care power. Both technologies make for an improved starting, performance and maintenance experience. Read below to see how these engines are a big win for your bottom line.
Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
When talking about commercial grade equipment a top priority is ensuring reliability of the equipment. Technologies like EFI ensure more consistent starting in all temperatures, and reduced fuel consumption. That assurance of reliable power means less down time and more grass being cut.
How it works: The Engine Control Module (ECM) constantly monitors and fine-tunes every single engine operating point thousands of times per minute. It takes in all of the signals from the engine sensors to make cycle-by-cycle decisions on how much fuel and spark to provide the EFI engine and when to do it.
- Improved starting and performance at all temperatures and elevations.
- Load governance with on-demand power for maximum performance at faster speeds.
- Reduced fuel consumption, as fuel is delivered more efficiently.
Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
Vanguard ETC technology reacts instantaneously to any applied load from its environment to maintain smooth, consistent power in any condition.
How it works: The flywheel speed sensor detects any change in RPM and sends a signal to the throttle body, ensuring consistent engine speed.
- Smooth, consistent power no matter the terrain or load on the engine.
- Consistent power regardless of terrain allows for consistent quality of cut.
- Innovation is exclusively tailored to lawn care products.